Tuesday, July 06, 2004

An interesting development experience

This past weekend I had a laptop computer I used to do some development for my job. I didn't want to install any of the tools to do development with, so I opted to use the SLAX live CD and create the modules I used for development. The module creation was exceptionally easy, and I had a very pleasant experience this holiday, although I didn't get my work completed.

I used Java, MySQL, Ant, and Netbeans for development, and I like how I was able to use Netbeans for my work. I didn't realize how easy it was for me to create and modify databases with Netbeans. I learned a lot this weekend, especially how to set up a Java servlet to be accessed via the web, and how to set up MySQL.

As I haven't finished my work today I'll just commit the changes I made over the holiday and bring my work home.

No comments: